HyFun Foods to invest Rs 100 Crore towards HyFarm Initiative

HyFun Foods, a leading company in the export of processed vegetables and fruits in India, has introduced a new venture – HyFarm, an agricultural produce sourcing and farmer connectivity initiative.

The launch took place at the HyFun Plant premises in Mehsana, Gujarat, with MLA Jagdish Vishwakarma and 6,000 farmers in attendance. HyFun Foods has promised to modernize produce procurement with an initial investment of Rs 100 crores towards HyFarm.

The HyFarm venture, aimed at farmers, was introduced during an event celebrating HyFun Foods’ successful procurement of 300,000 tonnes of processing-grade potatoes from farmers this year. This achievement set HyFun Foods as the leading Indian brand in the procurement of processing potato varieties.

HyFarm is strategically focusing on using India’s abundant fresh produce and establishing a completely backward integrated business model, to enroll 30,000 farmers by 2030.

Transitioning from singular attention to processing-grade potatoes, HyFarm is now changing its procurement to include table and chipping varieties, aiming to get 1 million tonnes by 2028.

Furthermore, HyFarm is assured to extend its reach into sourcing a wide range of fresh fruits and vegetables, offering yearly opportunities for farmers beyond the traditional five-month potato season.

HyFun Foods, HyFarm Initiative

Farmers can now access top agricultural practices through a strong digital platform, leading to increased efficiency, productivity, and sustainability in the agricultural sector.

Haresh Karamchandani, MD and CEO of HyFun Foods, expressed his excitement for the HyFarm initiative, highlighting the company’s belief in the importance of partnership and collaboration. Through HyFarm, the company is making significant investments in the future of farming and the well-being of rural communities. Fresh produce is key to the success of HyFun Foods, and this initiative further set their dedication to sourcing top-notch ingredients, supporting farmers, and promoting sustainable agriculture.

Earlier this month, at the Vibrant Gujarat Global Summit, HyFun Foods revealed their intention to invest Rs 1,100 crore in establishing three cutting-edge manufacturing plants in Gujarat. This strategic move aims to supply to the increasing demand for their products in both domestic and export markets.

HyFun Foods, HyFarm Initiative

Kamlesh Karamchandani, Director of Sales, announced that the company achieved a revenue of Rs 1,000 crore in the previous fiscal year, which has now increased to Rs 1,200 crore in the current fiscal year. The goal is to reach Rs 2,000 crore by FY2025. With the establishment of three new units, production is expected to be four times greater, resulting in a projected revenue of over Rs 5,000 crore within five years. Currently, 70 percent of revenue is generated from exports, with the remaining 30 percent coming from domestic sales. The objective is to gradually shift towards a 60:40 revenue distribution between exports and domestic sales in the coming years.

As HyFun Foods begins its transformational journey with HyFarm, it is actively dedicated to utilizing fresh Indian produce, advocating sustainable agriculture, and providing long-term success for future generations.


🎖️ 45 Days Food Technology Induction Program
Learn an overview of the Food Processing Industry from experts who worked in Marico, Britannia, Mondelez, etc. Click here to apply


Get Food Industry updates on the WhatsApp group: Joining link


Share this HyFun Foods Investment NEWS with your all Food Technologist Friends and Colleagues.