One dead and five hospitalized due to food poisoning

A tragic incident has happened in Thiruvananthapuram, one person lost his life due to food poisoning and 5 people are hospitalized after eating Biryani from local hotel.

The name of the person who lost life in this heartbreaking incident is Rahul Alam, a 26-year-old from Nagon, Assam. This frightening event has not only claimed a life but also left five others in a stable condition under medical observation. An investigation has been launched by the local authorities, emphasizing the importance of food safety in a safeguarding public health.

The food safety department official conducted an inspection at the hotel in sreekaryam, during which sample were collected for testing purpose. While the initial post – mortem report has established food poisoning as the reason for the death, however, the community is anticipating the comprehensive details of the negligence in the final report.

Food inspection, Food poisoning


The hotel owner may face legal consequences as a result of the ongoing investigation conducted by the food safety department and the police. Furthermore, this incident could serve as wake-up call for other establishment in the same industry to prioritize the health and safety of their consumer.

The body of the deceased has been sent to relatives after post-mortem and inquest proceedings. The passing of Rahul Alam has brought a somber atmosphere to the community, emphasizing the critical significance of food safety and public health measures.

Read NEWS related to FSSAI

Share this NEWS with all your friends and family.


Get Food Industry NEWS on WhatsApp group: Click here.