Varun Beverages Starts Production of Carbonated Drinks at Gorakhpur, UP

Varun Beverages, a top bottler for PepsiCo beverages, announced the launching of commercial production of soft drinks and energy drinks at its manufacturing plant in Gorakhpur, Uttar Pradesh.

In a regulatory filing, Varun Beverages Ltd (VBL) announced that they will expand their offerings at the Gorakhpur facility to include juices and value-added dairy products. The firm, which the Jaipuria family promotes, is taking this step to vary its product range.

According to VBL’s latest annual report statement, the company is allocating approximately Rs 1,100 crore towards a new project. This investment will be used to enhance production capacities in the juices and value-added dairy products sectors by 2024.

In 2023, VBL generated its net revenues from six countries. The Indian main markets, including India, Sri Lanka, and Nepal, accounted for 83 percent of the total, while the remaining 17 percent came from three African countries: Morocco, Zambia, and Zimbabwe.


Varun Beverages

VBL is responsible for over 90% of PepsiCo’s beverage sales volume in India. The company produces, promotes, and delivers a variety of PepsiCo-owned products, such as carbonated soft drinks, juice-based beverages, energy drinks, sports drinks, and packaged drinking water.

In 2023, VBL reported net revenues of Rs 16,042.58 crore, following the calendar as its financial year.


🎖️ 45 Days Food Technology Induction Program
Learn an overview of the Food Processing Industry from experts who worked in Marico, Britannia, Mondelez, etc. Click here to apply


Get regular Food Industry updates on WhatsApp group: Joining link


Share this NEWS with your all Food Technologist Friends & Colleagues.